Centralia College TransAlta Student Commons
Certifications & Awards
- Owner : Centralia College
- Architect : MSGS Architects
- Design Architect: Rovelstad Architects
- Mechanical Consulting : Wood Harbinger Inc.
- Electrical Consulting: Wood Harbinger Inc.
- LEED Consulting : StudioPoint 253
- Landscape Architecture : Gladner and Associates
- Structural Engineering: PCS Structural Solutions
- Civil Engineering : Saez Consulting Engineers Inc.
- Acoustical : Sparling
Centralia College is constructing a three-story, 69,980 square feet student commons facility to be completed in July 2017. The project modernizes and expands space for Student Services, Admissions and Registration and Financial Aid, and provides additional and improved classroom and office spaces. The TransAlta Student Commons also includes a cafeteria, bookstore, 500-seat dining/meeting space and dedicated spaces for student activities Ideally located for community celebrations, conferences, and other activities, the project is located in the central core of Centralia College campus at the southern edge of the pedestrian mall on Walnut Street in Centralia, WA, the building is proximal to the theater arts building (Washington Hall) and the Walton Science Center.