Certifications & Awards
- CAGBC LEED Gold (Anticipated)
- Visioning Brands Experiences: Stantec
- Sustainability & Building Performance: Stantec
- Program & Project Management: Stantec
- Interior & Lighting Design: Stantec
- Information & Communications Technology: Stantec
- Buildings, Civil, Mechanical, Structural, & Electrical Engineering: Stantec
- Architecture: Stantec
- Developer: ONE Properties, Katz Group Properties
Green Building AudioTargeting LEED Green Education Credit?
Our audio tours qualify.
Get one today!
- Tanya Doran of Stantec Consulting
- Stantec Tower will be a 66 floor mixed use tower located within the Edmonton Ice District constructed to LEED standards.
- Comprised of a 4 story retail podium, multi tenanted office space to level 28 and residential above, Stantec Tower will be Edmonton’s tallest building.
- 1.3 million sq. feet, height: 224 metre (735 ft)
Table of contents
KEY SUSTAINABILITY FEATURES
- All LED fixtures
- Efficient mechanical systems
- Patio storm water systems
RESOURCES AND MATERIALS
- Consideration throughout was taken throughout the office design process on the ongoing impacts that chemical contaminants have on our air quality, our human health, our productivity, and our environment.
- Adhesives, sealants, paints, and coatings will have to be within a certain volatile organic compound (VOC) limit.
- Mixed use residential, office, and retail
- Located in Edmonton’s new ice district, connected to Edmonton’s downtown pedway network, and easily accessible by public transit and bike lanes
Additionally for Stantec, it ties back into being a community partner. We have committed to this downtown redevelopment through our commitment to the bike route downtown, but also to other strategies. Part of this LEED certification and targeting LEED comes down to supporting things like the Energy Transition Plan and the Large Building Energy Disclosure Policy which was just released within the city. Those are really important policies that start to tackle climate change going forward. We know that is an issue that not only we can tackle on behalf of all of our clients, but it’s really important for us to walk that talk as well with our own employees.